FAQ about us
1.What does "Mirae" stand for?
Mirae stands for "the future" in Korean. The Mirae Asset Global Investments Group was founded in 1997 on a set of principles that form the pillars of our business. These core values have remained constant and steadfast, even despite unprecedented levels of market change and turbulence that characterize today's markets.
We have pioneered change and innovation, introduced fresh new insights and delivered consistent investment success to our clients. Although we are globally-minded, we have maintained a firm focus and belief in the potential of the emerging markets. We have become a fund house of global reach and will continue to expand into attractive markets around the world.
We will maintain an enduring commitment to our core values and pledge to manage our clients' assets in accordance with these principles. We believe that by building on principles, we will continue to bring success to our clients.
2.What are the company's core values?
We achieve our success by building on principles. Since our establishment, we have maintained an unwavering commitment and adherence to four core values that act as the pillars of our business:
- The Principle of Client First
- Our clients' success is our success. We will nurture long-term relationships by helping our clients build wealth for life with proven investment strategies.
- The Principle of Objectivity
- We assess opportunity impartially. Our independence helps ensure our decisions are aligned with the needs of our clients.
- The Principle of Teamwork
- We grow through respect for each individual and belief in team spirit. We aim to create an ethical meritocracy in which talent is rewarded and opportunity is equally available to all.
- The Principle of Citizenship
- Profoundly aware of our responsibilities as a good corporate citizen, we give back to the communities that nurture us and pledge to continue to support a range of community initiatives.
3.What is your investment philosophy?
- 1. Mirae Asset identifies the sustainable competitiveness of companies.
- 2. Mirae Asset invests with a long term perspective.
- 3. Mirae Asset assesses investment risks with expected return.
- 4. Mirae Asset values a team-based approach in decision-making.
Mirae Asset firmly adheres to these core investment principles.
4.What markets do you mainly invest in?
Ever since our inception, we have been constant in our steadfast advocacy and commitment to the world's emerging markets. We strongly believe that the world's developing countries will become the main drivers of global economic growth in the future.
Therefore, our products and investment solutions have a strong focus on the world's fastest-growing emerging markets. Our assets are invested across Asia Pacific, Latin America, CEE (Central and Eastern Europe) and the MEA (Middle East and Africa). China, Hong Kong, Korea, India, Brazil and Russia are the countries which we invest most heavily in.
We also invest to a lesser extent in the developed markets such as the United States, Western Europe and Japan. However, even in these markets, our focus is on sectors and companies whose future growth is strongly linked to the emerging markets.
It has always been our aim to become the world's foremost experts in the emerging markets. As the one of the largest investors in emerging market equities, and with teams of investment professionals dedicated to emerging market equities, we believe we are reaching our goal.*
* One of the largest investors in emerging market equities amongst 68 asset management firms surveyed - IPE Survey: Managers of Emerging Market & Frontier Market Equities, Investment & Pensions Europe (IPE) November, 2015
5.How much does the company manage in assets?
We manage over USD 75 billion in assets. Around 20% of our assets are invested in equities. The remaining 80% are invested in fixed income, money market funds and alternative types of investments such as real estate and private equity.*
*Source: Mirae Asset Global Investments Co. Ltd., Dec 31, 2015
6.Who are your fund managers?
We are proud of the depth of the experience and talent of all our investment professionals. Biographies of some of our senior investment managers can be found here.
7.What products do you offer?
We offer a diverse range of investment products for institutional, retail, and private investors.
8.Where are you located?
Mirae Asset Global Investments (HK) Limited is part of a larger group of asset management companies called the Mirae Asset Global Investments Group. The firm is part of a larger group of asset management companies called the Mirae Asset Global Investments Group. There are currently 11 companies in the group, based in the following locations around the world: Hong Kong (Global Headquarters), Australia, Brazil, Taiwan, India, United Kingdom, Canada, USA, China and Vietnam in addition to home office in Korea.
The group plans to expand this global network by opening new offices in other strategic locations in the near future.
9.Who should I contact if the above answers do not cover my query?
Please contact your local financial advisor for more information regarding Mirae Asset's products and services. If you are an institutional/private investor or a retail distributor, please contact with our local sales representatives, the details under Contact Us page.